Saturday, February 16, 2008

What's For Dinner?

Green Bean and Mushroom Medley

As a vegetarian, I often get asked, What do you cook for dinner? So I've decided to start posting some of the favorite recipes we had for dinner during the week.

Last night I tried a new vegetable side dish. I liked it, but I love vegetables. However, Joe really liked it too, which says a lot since he isn't a huge vegetable lover. Kennedy didn't like it as much because it was a medley, and she likes her vegetables separately. If you would like the recipe you can find it here.

I did vary from the recipe slightly. Instead of fresh green beans, I just used canned. Instead of garlic salt I used minced garlic. I only used the amount of seasoned salt (Bon Appetit) called for and omitted the salt. And I used black pepper instead of white.

I was really surprised with the amount of flavor with just these simple ingredients. And I'm sure it would taste great using whatever vegetables are your favorites.

No comments: