Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Andrew Lloyd Webber

hmm, I don't know if I have a favorite this week. It's a toss up between the two David's for me. I did like Archie's rendition of "Think of Me" I thought it was neat how he was able to completely change the sound of it and change it into a pop song. But even given that, it didn't really excite me that much. But my one gripe is why aren't the judges giving him any credit for creativity like they give Cookie, anytime he changes the arrangement?

I did like Cookie's performance of "Music of the Night" however, I do feel there is a bit of a double standard. If any of the girls try a big song, they are always compared to the original singer. "Music of the Night" is a big song. And while Cookie did very well, I do not think he measured up to Michael Crawford's version. I remember getting chills when I saw the play in London.


So onto the others. Syesha and Carly both had probably what I consider their best performances so far, but I still don't care.

Now Jason and Brooke. They were both at a disadvantage given this theme anyway. But wow, Jason's "Memory" was just awful. And Brooke needed to start over AGAIN and then her performance wasn't really that great afterward.

So who is going home? If the pattern continues, it will be Jason. Although I would really rather see Syesha or Carly leave.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Yeah! Why no props? Why no "that was original"? At least Randy said he is the one to beat. (Thank you Randy). DA's was the only original one of the night. I thought he did great (even if he forgot a word or two and covered it well). DC on the other hand was sooooo boring to me and it seemed to go on and on FOREVER.... he shouldn't do that again or maybe he should ;). I did however love the last note. NO, not cause he was done singing but because it was nice and right on.

Actually, I thought the exciting ones were from Carly and Syesha because they were upbeat... even though you don't like them. Carly didn't have the range for that song though...she couldn't even hit the high notes in the chorus. Jason was painful to watch and so was Brooke.

Stacy said...

That's what's weird for me about Carly and Syesha, I should like them, but for some reason I don't. They just bore me.

I wasn't at all bored by Cookie's performance I was actually very intrigued by the fact he had NOT rearranged the song and was going to sing it as is. I was curious to see if he could pull it off. One thing for sure, he definitely has the stalker vibe going right now. Last week, with the rearranged, "You will always be my baby" and then this week with "Music of the Night"

Dee said...

I LOVED DC's Music of the Night. Thought it was beautiful. So impressive that the rocker can also sing light opera.

I want Syesha to go home. Next I hope it's Brooke.

Stacy I liked your comments!