Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mariah Night

I was very interested to watch tonight. The judges constantly critic the contestants about trying to sing songs from artists such as Mariah, yet now they HAD to sing one of her songs. Going into it I was sure David A would be fine, very curious to see what David Cook would do, had no idea what Jason, Brooke or Kristy would be able to do and thought Syesha and Carly would both try to imitate Mariah and would probably be in trouble because of that. For the most part, there weren't too many surprises.

For me the best performance was David A, but I might be biased because I love that song.

I liked what David Cook did, but it didn't quite work for me. And I actually really liked Jason again this week, but I wasn't familiar with that song.

I liked Carly at the beginning of her performance but then once she went for the big notes, she never came back and again over thought and over did it. And again, while Syesha can sing well, there is just something boring about her.

The worst performances were Kristy and Brooke. I really think Brooke may be in trouble this week. My guess for the bottom three is Brooke, Kristy and Syesha. I'm not quite sure who will go home.

With Michael's departure last week there are rumors spreading that the eliminations are fixed. So far it has been a pattern of boy, girl, boy, girl, etc. being eliminated. I really hope this isn't the case. The guys really have more talent this year and they deserve to stay in longer.

7 comments:

Eliza said...

I agree on it all. DA was amazing even in the "death spot"... DC is overrated. He was flat in the beginning and I didn't get the song either. Whatever, I don't think it deserved a standing O from Randy. I think they'll go back and watch it and realize that.

I hope that is the bottom 3 with Kristy (please) finally going home.

Dee said...

I LOVED David A. David C. and Arch.
I liked Kristy more this week than ever before.
I hope Syesha goes home. It would be so sad if Brooke did b/c she missed her sister's wedding this week!

I heard Carly on a friends Ipod and she sounded so amazing! I was really surprised. Some people sounds awesome recorded and just ok live. I think her nerves get to her.

Eliza said...

I was on Extra (or one of those shows) where Debra Norville sp made a single and it sounded amazing. Just shows that most people can sound good in a studio. Glad to see Kristy go home this week.

Tonight was weird with all the different groups and switches..... crazy funny.

Stacy said...

That Ryan is always trying to trick us! And it worked again. I thought that was so mean to do to Archie, to try and make him pick the bottom three. He is way too nice to do that!

I'm glad Brooke didn't got home, I was worried about her.

Eliza said...

yeah, I thought she might have been the one too. When she sang though on Tues. she was shaking like she was scared. She is so cute but she talks too much, ya think?

Stacy said...

I agree, she does talk too much. She needs to just take the criticism and be quiet.

She's funny though because she's not disagreeing with the criticism, she's actually agreeing with it.

Another thing, I know you are not a David C. fan but I thought it was nice to see him get emotional this week. I prefer that over the cocky attitude.

Eliza said...

Yes, I did love that he got teary. (and that the AC on his guitar is for his brother). I also liked last night that he was all cute with DA when they were sitting on the stage. I don't hate him, I loved his Hello and Little Sparrow but the rest were either copied or just awful. He can't sing low but his high notes are amazing. I just hate that the judges overpraise him when he is pitchy....a stading o by RANDY.. yeah,What?!! (to use his own saying) I actually liked MJ over DC but whatever!