Friday, April 11, 2008

Good-bye Michael!

So my idol went home last night. And while it was a shock, in a way I wasn't that surprised. I think his last performance as "forgettable" and the only reason I'm stealing that Simon phrase is because of this: When I put up my last poll of who should go home, I listed everyone but only had seven names and I had to really think about who I had forgotten. And who was it? Michael! I couldn't believe I had forgotten my own idol! But I think that is just evident of why he did in fact go home.

I remember how upset I was when Chris Daughtry was voted off, so much so that I refused to watch the rest of that season. But now, he has went on to become one of the most successful AI contestants. So this isn't necessarily the end for Michael. And yes, I will still watch the rest of this season because there are still lots of contestants left I enjoy watching.

But putting that aside, I would have preferred Carly went home. In the beginning I liked her, but now she is just getting on my nerves. I too feel she over sings every song to the point there is no meaning in the song anymore. I would have also liked to see David Cook in the bottom three. Not because I want him to go home, I don't, he is one of my favorites, but because I agree with Simon he was way too arrogant in his last performance. I think he could have used some humble pie.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

There is a lot of talent this year that once they get to this point they've made their mark and they'll be fine.

Maybe what happened this week is that MJ fans left him to help DC out because of his wreck of a performance. Can I just vent a little and say It seriously bugs me though when DC walks out on stage to find out if he's "safe" and he acts like a mope like he's gonna go home. He hasn't done well since he got caught in his copycat "niche". That being said he'll be in the final 2 no doubt. (unless he gets daughtry'd)

btw...I love Paula's phrases or words for the season. This year is niche, previous ones: upper register, you made it your own, the color of your voice,...anymore you can think of?

Dee said...

I know David Cook is such a chump! But somehow still likable.
I agree with you on Carly.
I totally thought of you when Micheal was announced as the one leaving. Glad you aren't devastated.

Stacy said...

Eliza, I think you have a good point about MJ fans turning to help David Cook.

I've been trying to think about Paula's phrases.....I can't think of any others she uses regularly but I do think it's funny whenever she says, "Let me just start by saying how beautiful you look tonight" b/c you know that means she has nothing good to say about their performance. And wasn't it crazy when she told David A she wanted to squeeze him until his head popped off and hang it from her rear view mirror? Remember that?

Eliza said...

or when she told brooke "you know what, you ARE Brooke White". Really? WHAT?!?