I'm pretty sure though that he has enough supporters that he will survive. Did any of you vote for him last night?
So I was excited since it was John Lennon & Paul McCartney night. So many great song choices! But I think my hopes were set too high.
My impressions:
Chikezie Eze "She's A Woman" and Syesha Mercado "Got To Get You Into My Life" Good, but nothing spectacular.
Ramiele Malubay"In My Life" I agree with the judges, sooooooooooo boring!
Kristy Lee Cook "Eight Days A Week" I agreed with Randy, this almost worked for me. I thought most of her vocals were okay, but the arrangement of the music was just awful, way to fast.
David Hernandez"I Saw Her Standing There" CHEESY! I liked Tiffany's version better, remember Tiffany?
Amanda Overmyer"You Can't Do That" Okay, I can only take so much!
Carly Smithson"Come Together" Love this song, but I didn't really like what she did with it. I disagreed with the judges on this, I still don't think she has really shown us what she has got. I'm getting a little impatient.
David Archuleta"We Can Work It Out" As I've already commented. I feel so bad for him!
Jason Castro"If I Fell" I thought he did good again, but I've noticed all of his performances are the same. Sitting with a guitar and very heart felt. It totally works when he is only singing one song, but I wonder if I would get bored if I heard three in a row.
Michael Johns "Across The Universe" Come on! I'm still waiting for him to show us what he did in Hollywood. I really wish he would have sung "Hey Jude" I think that would have been amazing.
David Cook "Eleanor Rigby" and Brooke White "Let It Be" I thought these two had the best performances of last night. I loved both of them. If I had to choose, the best, I guess it would be Brooke, only because I really felt the emotion, I was almost crying along with her (but again, I'm pregnant!)So here is Brooke's performance
Other thoughts:
Did anyone else notice Archie's Dad's G's on the home video footage? Whoa! And isn't it interesting that two of the contestants in the top 12 are LDS?

3 comments:
I will predict that Ramiele is going home next.
The top six will be:
Carly
Brooke
Jason C.
David A.
David Cook
Australina guy- but the fact that I can't remember his name is a bad sign...he better step it up b/c so far I'm not a fan.
I know it's early but it's fun to predict.
I loved all the above last night...oh except David A. Didn't like seeing him fall apart. That was painful to watch! I still love him though, and I'm sure America does too!
yeah, I think we're going to get sick of Amanda pretty soon. She's cool though.
Kristy has a little edge over R.'s boring performance b/c she's the only country girl, and a LOT of America loves country.
That's the same people I'd like to see in the top six.
And the Australia guy's name is MICHAEL JOHNS, I've only talked about him a little bit!
I actually missed the show because I was at a church meeting. I did get a phone call from Christy informing me to get on the phone and start calling for my boy. I feel bad but everyone will have their day like that. He'll be fine. *crosses her fingers* Let's not forget he is only 17 and still has to do his school work on top of learning a new song. OH and hasn't ever been in a band or recorded a cd yet like some of the others. *wink wink* Look at me, I sound like his mother all protective and stuff! He is just so cute!
I did watch Brooke's on you blog and I didn't think it was fantastic but it was good. I don't see how she "made it her own" as Paula would say. It was good though.
So I can't comment on anyone else since I didn't see the show but I do know that David C needs to be different and without his guitar (maybe he was last night), Jason C. same diff (again maybe he was last night), Kristy is nowhere near an Underwood so I'm okay to see her go, blah bleh bleh blah blah to the rest.
The End.
Post a Comment